Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Happy 1/2 Birthday Quincy!

Today our little angel turned 6 months - pretty hard to believe!

At 6 months old, Quincy weighs 18.7 lbs (which puts him in the 70% percentile for weight), and is 28 inches long (which puts him in the 93% percentile for height). The doctor tells me everytime to sign him up for the football team (his only joke maybe?) but I am thinking he's on his way to the NBA, although he does enjoy the reality show So You Think You Can Dance, as much as he enjoys watching the NBA Finals. =) So we'll see...



On Monday, Quincy sat up unassisted for the first time!
And, the day before that, he tried (and loved) using the sippy cup for the first time! Such excitement for first time parents - seriously!



Here are some videos to get this post started - you will notice that one of the nicknames we have for him is "crazy man" - whenever we call him that he goes crazy, you'll see:

Video of QB sitting up


Video of sillyness


Video of Quincy speaking his mind


Quincy playing in his bouncer



This past weekend, Solon, Quincy & I finally went to visit our good friends Kaream & Monica, who welcomed their 2nd child, Vivian Renee, into the world on April 16


Donovan and little sister Vivian


Solon always says that I am the "creative" arm of the Bell Empire - well, I encouraged him to explore his creative side, and what better way than to start in the kitchen! So I gave him the mission (should he choose to accept it) to plan and prepare dinner for us once a month. I love cooking, but I love seeing him experience the thought and preparation that goes into preparing meals for our family.


Using some of the many recipe cards I have, this past Sunday, Solon made Grilled Catfish with a Roasted Red Pepper Sauce, with "Grown-up" Macaroni & Cheese, Grilled Zucchini, and rolls. It was delicious! I can't wait to see what's on the menu next month!


My friend Elizabeth gave us the gift of membership to the Arizona Science Center, so this week, Larel & I took the boys to check out the Lego exhibit



Kellan was afraid the dragon would bite - so he didn't get too close

Quincy & I took our chances


Kellan checking out the different expressions a face can make


Forrest is starting to really show love to Quincy. He gets closer to him now that QB is moving around so much. And Forrest especially likes the fact that now there is one more person in the house that he can beg for food from. What he doesn't understand is just because Quincy has started on "solids", the food isn't solid enough for his liking - but don't tell him that.

Forrest waiting for me to "drop" some of Quincy's food


Another picture of my handsome Forrest

No comments: