Thursday, February 26, 2009

Quincy's New Friend & Spring Training!

One of the coolest things in our life right now (besides having a son) is that so many of my dear friends are having babies right now, too. I think I know someone every month until October that is having a baby!

Last week my friend Kristine (who I have known since Kindergarten) and her husband Justin welcomed their daughter Olivia Corinne Leach to the world. She arrived on Tuesday, February 17 @ 2:17pm weighing in at 9 lbs. 12 oz., and was 21.75 inches long. I can't wait to meet her!



This week was exciting for Quincy. He was able to meet his new friend Tyler who came to visit after his one-month check-up.
Quincy slept through the first half of the visit, so here I am with Tyler.


Christina and her son




And here they are meeting for the first time...



How exciting that they will grow up together! Only 6 weeks apart in age...


Christina and I met at South Mountain High School during softball season. I played pitcher and she was the catcher - thus sparking a wonderful friendship that has lasted over 15 years. Maybe one day Quincy and Tyler will play baseball together too!

Which leads me to the next big event of the week - SPRING TRAINING!!!



Since Arizona didn't have a Major League baseball team until about a decade ago, we have always been fans of the Cleveland Indians, thanks to my Dad and Grandparents. Well, how exciting for us the the Tribe chose the city of Goodyear to host their Spring Training games. We headed out for Opening Day on February 25th. It was a beautiful, clear, 85 degree day - the PERFECT day for baseball!

My Mom & Dad, Mama Mimi, godfather Chuck, Natan, Larel, Kellan, Quincy and I headed out to take in a day at the ballpark.


The field was GORGEOUS!


Quincy slept through the first half


Kellan loved his lollipop and cheering with the fans


Quincy in his baseball outfit


Ehh batter batter - swing batter!


QB with my friend Verlinda who was there with her family celebrating her 30th birthday!


Quincy checkin' out my godson Joshua


And chillin' with my godson Cody


We had a great time! The only thing missing was my Papa Ray - but I know he was there in spirit.

Here are some random pics from this week...

Quincy and Forrest on the couch


Quincy looking cute in his baseball hat


Forresito looking handsome


Quincy falling asleep like his mama - with his arms up!


He is almost too big for the bassinet, and then we will have to put him upstairs in the nursery. I will be a little sad when that day comes!

2 comments:

dee p. said...

He is so cute in that outfit. I've got to see him again, soon!

Momma Cannon said...

god has truly blessed your family with a beautiful baby boy. he is growing up so fast. i noticed most of your friends are having big babies did you girls eat the same things? : )