Monday, February 2, 2009

Superbowl, Sammiches, and another Baby Boy!

We watched the SuperBowl last night at our house, and I must say, it was a great game. Now I do feel that the referees favored the Steelers about 80/20, but despite that, the Cardinals held their own and played a great game. It would have been great if the Cardinals would have pulled it out in the end, because it was looking rather promising when Larry Fitzgerald scored that incredible touchdown, but MVP Santonio Holmes got extremely lucky with a beautiful pass that helped the Steelers land their 6th SuperBowl win. They are certainly deserving of the title of the Most Winningest NFL team. And we have family in "the 'Burgh" (and we almost moved their last year), so I am happy for them. Pittsburgh is a great city, and they have very loyal fans.

Quincy is tuckered out from all the excitement of yesterday's big game


In other, happier news, on January 24, one my best friends - Christina & her husband Aaron - welcomed their first baby Tyler Aaron Reese to the world. We went to go visit them at Phoenix Baptist Hospital last Sunday.

Tyler was born Saturday, 1/24/09 @ 7:11pm - 9 lbs. 2 oz, 22.5 inches long
Aaron got to help deliver the baby - how exciting!


Three Alpha Gams and a little boy


Solon and Tyler


Quincy continues to meet new faces every week, and is just the greatest baby. I took him to Sammich Club last week - a club that began 6 years ago when I worked at the radio station. A group of us gets together for lunch once a month at a different Sandwich (sammich) spot. Quincy is the newest member of Sammich Club. Here he is with my friends Dena and Mak (the founder and my former boss).



Also, a few weeks ago, my dear friend Nova was in town, visiting from NYC. She and I went to high school together, and she has always been like a big sis to me. We were able to visit for a few hours at Coffee Plantation (an old favorite).


More pics from the end of January...

Quincy showing off his muscles, and his funny sleeping position


His newest interests are staring at the ceiling fans and blowing spit bubbles


My adorable nephew Kellan, having fun in QB's car seat - it doubles as a rocking chair!


It's been a while since I've taken a self-pic


Charissa, her son Garrett, and Liz with Quincy



My two handsome sons
Quincy

and Forrest


Hope your New Year is off to a great start!
xoxo

P.S. You may have noticed that I added a music playlist to my blog - For Your Listening Pleasure. If you don't want to listen to the fabulous music I put on here, simply turn your sound off, or press pause on the music player on the right side of the screen. And if your sound wasn't on already, by all means, turn it on and enjoy the tunes.

No comments: